RMYC dedicates 90% of its budget to direct health care and special programs for kids. Support from individual donors, foundations and corporate partners enable us to provide high-quality, accessible and affordable healthcare to approximately 22,000 kids a year in schools, hospitals, clinics and mobile units across Colorado. More than 85% of the children we serve live in low-income households and in 2015, RMYC provided over $1 million in uncompensated care.
We rely on support from individual donors, foundations, corporations and government agencies to ensure that Colorado’s most vulnerable kids get the health care services they need to grow and thrive. For every $1,000 we raise, RMYC can provide four trips with our mobile care unit to offer medical and dental care to children in low-income neighborhoods where they learn and play. With $1,000 we can also provide nutritious supplemental food through our on-site food pantry for 25 families experiencing food insecurity for a full week. For every $500 we raise, 16 children receive the immunizations they need to stay healthy and thrive; $500 also pays for four sessions of support from a dietician and medical provider for a child and their family to work toward healthy living goals through RMYC’s Get Fit Clinic.
Please join us in supporting the health of kids through one or more of the following giving opportunities:
Giving Throughout the Year – We offer two simple ways to give throughout the year:
- Mail a check to: RMYC, 9197 Grant Street, Suite 100, Thornton, CO 80229.
- Give On-line: Simply click on our donate button on the side or top of the page. This will route you to the donation form. Or, click here and go directly to our donation form.
Give Through Other Sites – We also accept donations through ColoradoGives.org
Special Projects and Programs – Help us connect Colorado kids to healthy lives by supporting a program or special project that is close to your heart. To donate to any one of the following programs or services, please click on our donor button and indicate your support in the “special instructions/comments’ section.
- “Kids Rock” Back to School Campaign – The beginning of the school year presents an opportunity for us to support the health and school readiness of the children we serve. School readiness is impacted by a variety of factors, two being a child’s overall health and the supplies they need. Our goal is to help alleviate some of the financial and time pressures that go along with school enrollment. To achieve this goal, RMYC provides back packs and supplies for 300 kids a year A minimum contribution of $40 ensures that at least one child is ready to learn.
- Care Mobiles are pediatric clinics on wheels that travel to schools and other community sites to provide medical and dental care to children and adolescents.
- School-Based Health Clinics provide medical, dental and behavioral health care to students in Aurora, Roaring Fork and Poudre Valley, and Montezuma-Cortez school districts
- Get Fit Clinic provides nutrition and fitness education and support to children and their families to encourage healthy eating and exercise.
- Thrive Clinic supports children of all ages who are experiencing minimal or slower-than-normal growth with proper nutrition and education to support their physical development.
- Reach Out and Read supports school readiness with free books and conversations with RMYC health care providers about the importance of reading.
- Edna’s Food Pantry provides supplemental food, diapers, other supplies and resource information to families in need.
Event Sponsorship – Sponsor one or more annual fundraising event and enjoy promotional, community outreach, and philanthropic benefits.
- “For the Love of Kids” Golf Tournament
Network with professionals from health care, communications, energy and other industries, while golfing at one of Colorado’s most exclusive clubs. The event is held each year between June and July for up to 150 golfers. The cost of $200 for individual golfers and $800 for a 4-some includes green fees, cart fees, range balls, hats, breakfast and awards luncheon, and beverages served on the course! Sponsorship levels range from $500 to $20,000.
- Healthy Start Breakfast Symposium
September 28, 2017, PPA Events Center in Denver: The event features a keynote presentation on best practices that promote children’s health and well being followed by awards presented to formal and informal leaders for their dedication to kids and families. More than 300 guests will enjoy a free breakfast and great networking. Sponsorship opportunities range from $250 to $5,000.
Legacy Giving – Give a gift that keeps on giving to support the health of kids. The following are a few of the many options for Legacy Giving:
- Bequests: Make a bequest that honors your values and helps kids for generations.
- Cash: The most direct way to donate and provide funds for kid’s health care.
- Real Estate: Donate real estate and save on taxes.
- Securities: Donate appreciated stocks, bonds or mutual funds.
- Retirement Gift Plans: Name RMYC as a beneficiary of your IRA or 401k.
- Life Insurance Gifts: Name RMYC as a beneficiary and save on estate taxes.
RMYC Champions for Kids – In 2015, RMYC created a new group to help increase support from individual donors and corporate sponsors. This special group will be critical to the long-term success of expanding services for Colorado’s most vulnerable children. Join RMYC Champions for Kids and help RMYC sustain its future, please contact our Director of Development, Virginia Ortiz at (303) 692-1517 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wish List Giving – Help bring health care to kids with donations of the following items:
- Art, jewelry, athletic memorabilia, game tickets, gift certificates, wine, vacation packages and other items that we can sell during a silent or live auction
- Nonperishable food and personal hygiene products
- Grocery cards in denominations of $10 or $25 to assist our patients with resources
- Office furniture and decorations to refresh lobby spaces
- Toys, books, diapers, children’s clothing and furniture, car seats
- Kids Tylenol or Motrin, tissue, band aids, gauze squares and latex gloves
For more information, contact Director of Development Virginia Ortiz at 303.962.1517 or email@example.com.